I’m bored. It’s been hot for days, which means no walks during the day, no park during the day, no this, no that, not much of anything! Mom says that’s not true–we just have to do things differently. She said it’s going to cool off tomorrow–boy, am I glad!
I’ve already told you I have LOTS of energy, so when it’s hot, I just can’t sleep all day like Toby does and I don’t know how to read yet like Mom and Dad do. So, in between deviling the cats and chewing my antler, I decided to list my 10 favorite things to do. I’m not sure I can even count to 10–remember I’m not even 9-months old–but I’ll try. My list is not necessarily in order. I know which is my favorite, do you?
10. Tease cats–I get in trouble for doing this, but it’s FUN. If they would just learn…..
9. Chew my elk antler–I spend a lot of time doing this. Mom says it helps my teeth AND I don’t chew it up in 5 minutes like I do all my other toys.
8. School–you might say “why is this fun“? Because Mom and Dad learn stuff and I have fun!
7. Play games–I play a lot of games, like “leave it”, “come”, “NOW”, “drop”, “off” (that one I don’t do so well), “quiet” and of course, “sit”, “down”, “wait” and “stay” (I don’t do that very well either). What I like best about games are the treats!
6. Go to the park–I get really excited when we get in the car and Mom takes Toby & me to the park. I have LOTS of friends there that I can run and wrestle with. I especially like to go to 1000 acres park with Toby II. He’s my best friend. Mom says it’s good to be “socialized”, whatever that means. Friends teach me stuff and I teach them stuff. Like school.
5. Play ball–I play ball at home when we can’t go out (like now). I even bring it back! Mom played ball with me in the pool today. WOW–do you know that’s two fun things in one?
4. Walks–We do that a LOT. I sometimes get to meet Mom’s friends and I’m very good and “sit”. Sometimes I see Oz and we get to play!
3. Off-leash–Oh, wow. I LOVE this. But Mom is always in control. She’s the top dog, right? I think so. Sometimes she won’t let me run free (like when I don’t “come” right away). I always know where Mom is, but sometimes she doesn’t know where I am. She says I’m learning. That’s what school is for, right?
2. Digging–Mom says I’m digging a hole to Croatia. They “think” they are leaving me here when they go, but won’t they be surprised when I pop up!
1. Water–I LOVE water. Yep, I LOVE water. The river, the pool, the beach–you name it. Mom says I don’t even know about snow yet. She says that’s water too. We’ll see….
So, what do you think? Pretty good list, huh? Do you think I forgot something? Did you guess my favorite? What do you think it is?